Health Benefits of Papaya :
- Papaya contains the digestive enzyme papain that is why it is valuable for aiding digestion.
- The ripe fruit is easily digestible and prevents constipation.
- It is shown in a study that this fruit when taken alone for 3 days has a beneficial tonic effect in the stomach and intestines.
- Papaya juice helps in relieving infections of the colon and can help break down pus and mucus.
- May help prevent cancer in organs and glands with epithelial tissue (ripe papaya).
- Prevents nausea (includes morning sickness and motion sickness). Taken 230cc. Of papaya juice or pineapple juice.
- Slices of green fruits rubbed over meat and boiled with tough meat, make the meat more tender.
- The seeds are antihelmintic, for expelling worms and they are given with honey. Chew and swallow two teaspoonful of seeds after each principal meal (three times a day).